Sage : Bhargava (A sage of Bhrigu clan, presumably the sage Paras`urama.
Gods : Fire God (Agni), Moon (Sooma).
1. To wean away or destroy female ghosts and evil forces with the help of the Fire God.
2. To caste off anxieties and depressions teasing human minds.
3. To remove false accusations from others.
4. To cause torture of the torturers of the worshipper.
1. The organs which are affected by the evil forces are to be touched and enchanted while reciting the mantra (holy verse).
2. If the aim is to overcome enemies, the verse is to be chanted while looking at the enemies who are intended targets.
3. If the object is to dispel depressions and anxieties, schizoid frights caused by evil forces, then -- clarified butter, dried herbs, and ground rice balls etc. are to be offered as oblations in the sacrificial fire.
KAAND`A 7, ANUVAAKAM 10, SUUKTAM 114
VERSE 7-10-114 A
Aa tee dadee vakshn`abhya
Aa tee aham hridayaad dadee
Aa tee mukhasya sankaas`aat
Sarvam tee varca aa dadee.
"Oh woman! (addressed to the ghost or the evil force) I am taking away all your lustrous glow --
from your face,
from your chest,
and from all your organs.
verse 7-10-114 B
Prastoo ya#ntee vyaa adhyaha
Praanudhaayaha Proo as`astayaha
Somoo hantu durasyati.
Let all the depressions leave this person.
Let all the protective forces become favourable.
Let the Fire God destroy the evil forces (like Rakshasvini)
Let the Moon God destroy the doers of evils.
NOTEIt is a custom to chant these verses in a special singing style learnt from a competent teacher. I have marked some of the points with the sign '#'. There are special tone levels called "Udaatta" and "Anudaatta" (high and low pitches).